Welcome to the Flume/Isinglass Award librarian review site. We will use this page for NH librarians to discuss the nominations for the Flume and Isinglass Awards. This is the “long list” from which the Flume/Isinglass Committee will select the final 10 nominees for each award, which teens will vote on. The selection for the final 10 happens at the Flume/Isinglass Committee spring meeting, the date of which is posted to the YALS-L, NHSLMA-L, and CHILIS-L email lists. See the Flume Award page on the YALS website for past winners, the voting form for this year’s list, and more. The Isinglass Teen Read Award website has past nominated titles, voting slips for the current year’s list, brochures, and more.
If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com.
For previously nominated titles, look at our Blog Posts page.
Criteria for nomination
- We are currently accepting nominations for the 2023 Flume & Isinglass awards
- Titles must be nominated by teens in grades 7-12 (librarians and teachers can nominate titles they know are popular with their teens), can be fiction or nonfiction books, with appeal to this age group.
- They must have a publication date no older than September 2020.
- If the book is part of a series, it must be able to stand alone, meaning a reader doesn’t have to read the other books in the series to understand what’s going on.
- Should not have been a nominee for other NH awards (such as GSF).
How to nominate
- Go to Flume/Isinglass Nominations form.
Commenting on nominations
We invite you to comment on these nominations. This will help us decide which books should make the final list.
- Please click on a title of a book that you wish to discuss and you will come to a discussion page.
- Please include your name and library-if you only want to put your first name, that’s fine.
- We especially welcome your input in terms of whether you think the book will appeal to teens in grades 9-12, or 7-8, whether it appeals to boys and girls, and how it compares to other works of the same genre.
- If it is part of a series, please say whether you think the book stands alone.
- Also, please let us know if you think it should or should not be on the “final 10” nominated list.
You’ll also find info on amazon reviews and ratings, good reads reviews and ratings, starred reviews and any other notable info.